Anti-Racism Challenge_First 7 days

I accomplished 6 of my 7 goals. The one I did not do was retweet or support one of the black women leaders I follow on twitter or rate one of their podcasts to boost their visibility. Going to do that today! Here are my next 7 goals. Please send me any suggestions you have for additional goals: 1) Participate in the Health Equity Commission meeting on Monday that is part of the Society of General Internal Medicine, my professional organization 2) Teach the 4th year medical students about how structural racism leads to differences in social determinants of health which contribute to health disparities 3) Interview VP DEI candidates for MMC - ask about their anti-racism approach 4) Interview VP DEI candidate for MMC 5)Attend the DEI presentation 6)Vote no on Austin's Prob B, to criminalize homelessess. Black adults and families are disproportionately represented in our homeless population 7)Make an anti-racism action plan with my family for actions we can take in Austin Please also know that I am always open to feedback about how I or our organization can do better when it comes to anti-racism and creating an equitable, inclusive workplace. -Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age of Principal Investigators at the Time of First R01-Equivalent Remains Level with Recent Years in FY 2023

How You Can Effectively Participate in the Regulatory Process Through Public Comment

NPR - Global wishes for 2024: Pay for family leave. Empower Black men. Respect rural voices