New staff introduction - Ed Clopton

I'm joining the APO (Atenolol for Prevention of Osteoporosis) study as Study Coordinator, working with Dr. Irwin Brodsky in Scarborough. Until this month I was an emergency department technician for 21 years, the last 13 at SMHC in Biddeford and Sanford, and before that in Iowa City, Iowa.  In my spare time I did studies of mathematical modeling of ED nursing workload (published in 2020) and accuracy of ECG electrode placement by EMS and clinical personnel (article in preparation).  I plan to continue teaching Cardiac Rhythm Recognition and 12-lead ECG Orientation in Biddeford.  

In previous lifetimes I taught high school math and directed extracurricular drama; worked briefly as a quasi-engineer in medical electronics; spent 11 summers as a seasonal ranger in the U.S. National Park Service; and trained as a paramedic.  I collect rocks & minerals and enjoy classical music.  My wife and I live in Westbrook; no kids and no pets, but lots of plants and rocks.


                              Ed Clopton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respiratory Viral Season: Fall 2023 Edition - Dr. Dora Anne Mills

36 Best New Year's Traditions to Ring in 2024

New MHIR staff introduction - Melissa Sassman