New book just published: Super Vision, by Kelly Crowe

Thanks to Kelly Crowe for this contribution!


On nights and weekends during the Covid-19 pandemic, I finally published a book that I have been writing for years. It’s available on eBook and paperback on Amazon.
 
I wrote it about my experience supervising undergraduate students at Southern Illinois University and The University of Hawaii.   I was in graduate school with no formal  supervisory experience, when I became a supervisor. I thought of the questions that I had as a new supervisor and I answer those questions for the reader. 
 



In the book, I share:
-          Things that worked,
-          Creative training methods for teaching new information,
-          Solutions to problems that were driving me crazy, 
-          And lessons I learned from mistakes I made. 
 
If you know someone who might like a book like this, spread the word. (There are many smart, ambitious leaders and teachers of young, inexperienced employees, who don’t yet have the formal title of supervisor.)

Comments

  1. I am in the middle of reading Kelly's book - it is great! I have experience as a supervisor and yet am finding many new gems and ideas to try! Thanks Kelly for putting your experience together in such an enjoyable read....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a chance to read Kelly's book last weekend, and what a gift to new supervisors it is! I would say that this book is helpful to any supervisor, regardless of whether they’re managing younger employees.

    I thought the section on “What Do My Ambitious Employees Want to Know?” was unique and helpful – I don’t think many supervisors think of this! And of course I loved the “Mitten Surprise”, the “Impression Circle”, and the “Just So Ya Know” exercises – and think that we should be looking for opportunities to employ them at MMCRI. =) Congratulations again, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Respiratory Viral Season: Fall 2023 Edition - Dr. Dora Anne Mills

36 Best New Year's Traditions to Ring in 2024

New MHIR staff introduction - Melissa Sassman